Dr B’s Midmark M9 Autoclave stopped working and gave them the C983 error code

Not sure what to do, they called a company and received a repair estimate of more than $1500.00.  The estimate included a laundry list of items that the repair company said needed to be replaced to fix the problem.

Although they were unfamiliar with the parts listed to be in need of repair, it just did sound right to them.  So, before giving the go ahead on the estimate, they decided to talk to AllClaveParts.com first. 

We told them that based on the info they had given us; it was very unlikely that all the items on the list could be defective

Following our troubleshooting procedures, they were quickly able to determine that their vent valve was malfunctioning and needed to be replaced.

We sent them the replacement vent valve.  When they got it, they were both excited and apprehensive at the same time. 

Could it really be as easy as we said for them to complete the repair?

After they removed the side panel, they opened the package and removed the new valve from the box.  And then they called us right away.  The vent valve did not look anything like the replacement we sent them.

In fact, the vent valve in their autoclave looked alien in comparison to what we sent them

Based on the serial number, model number and error code, I knew we had sent them the correct valve

So, I had them send me a picture of the valve they were replacing so I would know what we were working with

This is the Vent Valve That Was In Their Autoclave (notice the black box the wires plugged into)

As soon as we saw the picture, we knew immediately what the problem was. 

This is the Vent Valve We Sent Them

Here’s what happened: 

For a short period of time, Midmark had used a different valve manufactured by Solenoid Solutions.  Compared to the valves used before and after the run, they looked down right alien

After a short run, they discontinued using those and went back to those offered by the Norgen & Kip Valve companies.

Support & replacements for the Solenoid Solutions valves were soon no longer available.  So, did that mean the end of their autoclave? 

Not hardly!

Here’s the solution:

It was simply a matter of replacing the vent valve with the one we had sent them for the newer autoclaves.  Everything fits like it is supposed to.  The only additional steps were to remove a little black box from the wiring that was located between the valve and the pc board

The box was placed there for a reason:  The Solenoid Solutions Valve was not “FWR“ (Full Wave Rectified) which is required with the unit.  The box was the rectifier & since the replacement valve we sent him is FWR, the box had to be removed

DR B’s office had never attempted to do anything with their autoclave in the past, and they were frankly very scared to tackle it.  But, after talking to us, they decided to give it a try

I got a call back a little later, telling me they had made the repair as we had directed and ran 3 successful cycles in a row.

She was so proud of herself, and miffed at the way the repair company had tried to take advantage of them with the ridiculous estimate for such a simple repair

AllClaveParts.com found the solution to her problem and sold her the exact valve she needed, and helped her to get her autoclave back in service very quickly

And We Can help you Too!

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *